I am very hard on myself. Most of the time I compare myself to those that I admire and wonder why I am not like them yet. Recently I have come to the realization that instead of trying to be like them, I should be focusing on being better than who I was yesterday. Since starting this journey I have improved so many of my bad habits for the better. I wouldn’t say I have converted all of my bad habits, but I’m getting there. This has been a slow improvement, but I am finally starting to see the progress. It makes me realize that just because I don’t see the results right away doesn’t mean I won’t ever get to where I want to be. Slow and steady wins the race, right?
Below I want to list some habits that I have changed for the better since starting this journey. Most of these changes were slow and gradual and I barely even noticed I was getting better until I focused on comparing myself to my past self instead of someone else.
- I choose healthier binge food, but the binges are less
- I am correct my negative thoughts about my body more than I have done in the past
- I say no to food when I’m not hungry more than I did in the past
- I stop eating when I am full more than I did in the past
- I choose healthier options when eating out
- I drink more water
- I eat less sweets just because they are there