Prebiotics are a type of fiber that feeds the healthy bacteria in your gut. Feeding the good bacteria helps produce nutrients that lead to a healthier digestive system. Probiotics are the good bacteria that prebiotics feed. These two work together to help the gut fight off bad bacteria. Below are some of my favorite prebiotics and probiotics from the lists I found.
- promotes growth of healthy bacteria and prevents growth of bad bacteria
- strengthen gut flora and help breakdown fat
- increase good bacteria and reduce bloating
- slow digestion and lower appetite
- feed good bacteria and decrease bad bacteria
- fermented tea
- improves bone health and lowers blood pressure
- Some Cheeses
- gouda, mozzarella, cheddar
- good source of protein
I plan on doing more research in the near future about prebiotics and probiotics, so stay tuned!